April 13, 2012

Puchi Heko Obi Problems

I'm trying to figure out a way to use this puchi heko obi with a tsuke obi. Whenever I tie it in front and turn it to the back, the bow gets all messed up:

Here's what it was supposed to look like:
Tied on top of my baggy pajamas! It's kind of cute, girly. Though I worry that it looks sort of like a wedding veil.
Side view, tied on top of my pajamas. I have to make the "tails" of the bow really long, otherwise they stick straight outwards and look terrible, because it is so light and fluffy.

I sort of wanted to try wearing the puchi heko obi to the festival in Seattle this weekend, but I don't know if I can get it to stay straight after turning it to my back, or the long drive to Seattle. I might have to convince my husband to tie my obi for me..

2 comments:

  1. I know your situation well. I can wear kimono, but am not good at tying obi well. So I always have to convince my husband to tie my obi. He complains that "Please practice to tie by your self"!! As he speak, he always tie for me reading kimono style book. hihi... Good my husband...^^ I am very grateful to him.

    And I love the style obi with puchi heko obi. I'm sure that tying heko obi is sometimes difficult on some materials. I'll send my photo of heko obi style on FB. Please check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very sweet of your husband to help you with your obi! I only recently ask my husband for help. He does not mind at all, but I think he is afraid of messing up!

    ReplyDelete