I actually started this project before Thanksgiving, but put it aside out of lack of motivation. I decided that I want to resew a few of my kimono so that they fit me better. I started with a kasuri kimono that was given to me, which has always been too small for me to wear comfortably.
I've worn it once, last year:
I only wore it for pictures, so the fit didn't matter much, but I'd like to be able to wear it out around town comfortably. So I decided to take it apart. I knew that it had some tears in the fabric, such as a really bad one near the hem, but when taking it apart I found many more tears hidden in the seams. Some were hastily repaired by the previous owner (she told me this) but I didn't think there was so many tears!
There are long tears like this that were hidden inside the front sewn parts of both sleeves under the wrist openings.
And as always, whenever I have kimono around my son, he wants to wear it:
I have some wool for making a wool set for him, but I don't know how well black and red would look on a child, hmn. So much sewing to do!!