July 03, 2012

Shabby Chic Yukata

I finished the yukata I mentioned in the previous post. I made it to look like katamigawari, even though the fabric comes from a single bolt.


I might wear this yukata for tanabata, but I haven't decided yet. I need to check first to see if I have an obi and accessories that coordinate well with it. I don't feel all that confident wearing light colors (I am always afraid of sitting in something!)

I had a lot of left over fabric, so I used some of it to make a small bag. It was very simple and fun to make. I have too much random pieces of fabric, I think I will be making more bags soon.

Side view


The sides untie and it can open up completely like this

2 comments:

  1. Wow! do you think you could make a kimono for me? I love this one. I just don't know how to sew, let alone sew something like this, plus haveing one made by a tailor cost to much, specially when I live in the United states. And there is never kimono in my thift stores. :( (ps, you got a real talent for kimono making)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, I would be willing to make a kimono for you! I've just finished making a yukata for someone else. It was my first custom made yukata that I made for another person, I will be posting a photo of it soon. You can email me at amandakimonolife@gmail.com, we can discuss ideas for what you want and I can see if I can come up with something that would fit into your budget!

    ReplyDelete