February 27, 2012

More Photos from Kimono de Jack Seattle

The Japan America Society of Seattle has shared some of their photos from the Kimono Jack at the Celebrate Asia concert!

Me, Jenn, Shannon, and Yumi

Very cute picture of Yumi!! She had asked me to help fix her hem because the lower panel was slipping. She was on the phone when she spotted the camera man snapping a pic with my hands up inside her kimono!!


The Seattle Japanese Queen, Rica, socializing.

And here is the group photo I've been waiting for! About 25 ladies dressed up at the reception, but I saw several more at the concert.

There are a lot of great pictures they took of the Okinawa Kenjin-Kai Taiko group that I wasn't able to get good pictures of.


I really enjoy watching the Okinawa taiko groups. I saw another Okinawa taiko performance at the Bula Asia Pacific New Year celebration, and my family enjoyed watching them very much.

Very cute girls in hanbok!


The Seattle Chinese and Japanese queens

What a magical night! I'm keeping my eye out for the North American Post, I'm looking forward to reading their article about the event. I will be sure to share it! I'm sure they will continue to make the Kimono de Jack an annual event, if you get the chance to go next year, please do!

(pictures source)

1 comment:

  1. Wow it looks so fun and nice : )

    What a beautiful bunch you all are, I enjoy your choice of hairstyle to your kordination, is so harmonious.

    ReplyDelete